This is a list of national resources that support human milk feeding families. This is predominantly intended for LGBTQ+ human milk feeding families, those who are trying to relactate, and for those who are trying to induce lactation in partnership with adoption.
Outcarehealth is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization with the purpose of providing extensive information and education on lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) healthcare.
- United States Breastfeeding Committee
- Sweetpeabreastfeeding.com (FOR PARENTS OR PROVIDERS) Includes general information and specific info for Breastfeeding Without Birthing “professional pack” to educate anyone working with parents who want to induce lactation or relactate.
- Newman-Goldfarb Protocols for inducing lactation (FOR PARENTS OR PROVIDERS)
- Milk Junkies — Breastfeeding and parenting from a transgender perspective (Trevor MacDonald)
- Aiden Farrow remote LC services
- Family Equality Council
- Professional Organizations on LGBT Parenting — Human Rights Council
- Strong Families Movement has A Guide for LGBT People Choosing Health Care Plans
- MomsRising –Social Media Toolkit
- Overview of Lesbian and Gay Parenting, Adoption, and Foster Care — American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- LGBT Parenting
Transgender and Gender Nonconforming
- Transwomen and Breastfeeding: A Personal Interview
- Tips for Transgender Breastfeedings and their Lactation Educators
- Trans Breastfeeding FAQ – Diana West
- GLAAD Transgender FAQ
- GLAAD Tips for Allies of Transgender People
- Transgender 101: Identity, Inclusion, and Resources (Unitarian Universalist Association)
- What Transmisogyny (Discrimination) Looks Like
- Center of Excellence for Transgender Health: Guidelines and Introduction
- Standards of Care for the Health of Transsexual, Transgender, and Gender Nonconforming People: https://www.wpath.org/
- Endocrine Society
- Trans People and Allies” The group currently has over 1700 members.
- La Leche League International–Transgender and Non-Binary Parents
- Kelly Mom–Transgender Parents and Chest/Breastfeeding
- them. –Yes, Trans Women Can Breastfeed — Here’s How
- Jaye’s Musings About Breastfeeding and Life: When Two Communities Collide
- Breastfeeding in a Same-Sex Female Relationship
Talking to your children
- 16 Great LGBTQIA+ Books for Kids and Teens
- 17 LGBTQ-Friendly Books to Read To Your Kid in Honor of Pride
- Books with LGBTQ+ Characters (Common Sense Media)
We welcome your additional resources. Please email email@example.com.