As many of our children return to school, we are celebrating September and all the child care providers that do so much to support breastfeeding families in Durham!
During this month, we are encouraging you to apply for the Breastfeeding Welcome Here Award. It takes mere minutes to complete. As a Community Partner and/or Employer, you show that your program is committed to First Food Equity by welcoming and celebrating the ways we feed our babies.
We would like to celebrate and thank the programs that have already completed the Breastfeeding Welcome Here Award this year.
- Branches Community School: Employer & Community Partner Award (2021)
- Linking Connections Learning Center: Employer & Community Partner Award (2021)
- Southside Child Care: Employer & Community Partner Award (2021)
- The Goddard School of Durham: Employer & Community Partner Award (2021)
- The Little School at Duke: Employer & Community Partner Award (2021)
- Yates Baptist Child Development Center: Employer & Community Partner Award (2021)
Support First Food Equity
Breastfeed Durham is required to document the following as part of our First Food effort, and we really need your help!
- How many books in your classroom/program libraries include books that show breast/chestfeeding? Here is a list of Breastfeeding Book/toys Resources List to help build your library.
- Do you include breast/chestfeeding in discussions about infant and young child feeding?
- Do these books and discussions happen at all age levels, beyond the infant and toddler classrooms?
Any updates or information that you can provide before the end of the month would be great <email@example.com>.
Ultimately, Breastfeed Durham exists because no family in this country gets enough support. Thank you so much for the incredible work and service you provide to our community.
Keep in mind
- If you are interested, Breastfeed Durham can store all your information in our local Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care designation as you work toward the state designation.
- By completing all the above, you are well on your way to achieving the state Breastfeeding-Friendly Child Care Designation.
- Building Blocks of Breastfeeding Friendly Childcare Learning Bursts webinars continue until October, and recordings of the webinars will be available.
- Feel free to reach out for more information.