We would love to be able to connect families in Durham to local Businesses, Community Non-Profit, Social, and Faith-Based Organizations that are breastfeeding-friendly. We encourage organizations to apply for the Breastfeeding Welcome Here Award The Durham Community and the Durham Chamber of Commerce have taken great measures to support and protect families. We want to celebrate you!
Tools for Employers
- Apply Now
- The Making It Work Tool Kit is a resource to help breastfeeding employees return to work. It is designed to provide assistance to breastfeeding employees, their employers and their families. Accommodating nursing employees in the workplace can work for your business. Learn how!
- The Affordable Care Act mandates that employers are required to provide reasonable break time for employees to express breast milk for their nursing children. The employer must also provide a place, other than a bathroom, for the employee to express breast milk.
Additional information for selected Organizations
- Breastfeeding Family Friendly Community Centers
- Breastfeeding Family Friendly Community Pools
- Breastfeeding Family Friendly Food Pantries
- Breastfeeding Family Friendly Places of Worship
- Breastfeeding Family Friendly Public Libraries
All community non-profit, social, and faith-based organizations can choose to provide a variety of information, education and resources for families during pregnancy and after the baby is born. This helps parents to make informed choices about infant feeding and building support among family and friends.