A Birth Intention Plan is an outline of your preferences during your labor and delivery. You can include anything you think will make your labor and birth more comfortable. COVID-19 hospital restrictions are additional things you should consider in implementing your Birth Intention Plan. If the unexpected happens, your Birth Intention Plan will help you and your support team navigate through the changes of birth.
- Birth Intentions Plan from Scrunchy Mama Wellness by Erin Crites, LCCE & Doula
- Birth Justice COVID 19 Bill of Rights | Derecho del Paciente en el Periodo Perinata
- Breastfeeding Family Friendly Communities’ highlights of Best Practice in Breastfeeding Support From the CDC During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Moms Rising has a nice article on what You Can Expect Giving Birth in NC During COVID-19
- Carolina Global Breastfeeding Institute is offering free Ready, Set, Baby sessions to prepare couples to deliver at Baby-Friendly Hospitals. These sessions are in English and in Spanish.
- COVID-19 hospital restrictions things you should consider in implementing your Birth Wish Intention Plan(BWIP).
- “COVID-19: Separating Infected Mothers from Newborns: Weighing the Risks and Benefits“
- Shared Decision-Making Determining a Need for Infant Separation
- “Should Infants Be Separated from Mothers with COVID-19? First, Do No Harm”